Monday, July 31, 2017

My cover girl!


 

This is my daughter Jordan Grace, I made this cover using an app. The fact is that people like my daughter aren't as common  to grace the covers of magazines. I became her advocate as she began to grow, because I wanted her to live in a world where all are respected and included. 


This was the last thing on my mind when I found out my baby would be born with Down syndrome. In fact I was so scared of the unknown and how my world would change.  Both of my daughters have their own beauty. They are not the exact image the ad world represents. But I'm driven each day to bring a new norm to the beauty of every sweet child out there.


 In the past few years, I pushed, I knocked on doors, I spoke to many individuals and ultimately I did not give up! When I found my team, together we brought Changing the face of beauty to Canada. I asked Our Canada Magazine to take a chance on us, to bravely place a child with Down syndrome on the cover, to be the change we want to see. The incredible team of Our Canada Magazine has given so many individuals and their loved ones hope for a brighter future. This wonderful magazine made 20 beautiful and unique models' dreams come alive. 


I'm so blessed to know such amazing people in my life. This "Parents" cover is not in stores. Maybe one day, but get the latest copy of "Our Canada Magazine" in newsstands now! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment