Friday, August 5, 2016

Happy Heartiversary to my little Hero

As I lay in bed tonight, I'm so tired, in pain and done with today! I had a long day filled with dentist appointments. 

Tomorrow we celebrate Jordan Grace BIG!!! It is her two year heartiversary. She's my hero! Definitely braver than I will ever be! Today proved that! 

I Remember that day like it was yesterday, I can literally take myself to the very minute we arrived at the hospital. But I don't always allow myself to go back to that place. It was so incredibly painful. Hands down the worst day of my life. 


I felt as though my heart would leave my body, I was numb all over, tears would flow like waterfalls, easily and freely. I didn't like that feeling. My body would tremble. It was hard to see past handing her over to the surgical team and waiting. 


Waiting, waiting, waiting, for what seemed like eternity...I cried and prayed and cried and prayed with my family. Thank God for my family! They kept me sane. My two year old niece at the time told me everything would be ok. 

I wanted to believe her, but thinking about Dr. Ross literally opening my baby's precious little heart was enough for me to plead and beg my God to be there in the operating room helping and guiding the miracle that took place. 

I don't let myself go to that dark place much, but when I do, like tonight, I fear I may collapse of the horrible pain and fear I felt in those long hours. 


Jordan Grace is my hero for so many reasons, she's the bravest little person I know. She's the miracle we never knew we wanted. She has completed our sweet family and made us thank our Lord each and every single day. We are truly and madly and deeply in love with her.  


As she slumbers tonight in her crib I once again thank my lucky stars. I can't believe God trusted me this much to send me my two angels from above. I'm a blessed mama ❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment