Saturday, July 2, 2016

I love you MORE

It started off as a precious little beat as I was growing inside my mother's womb.


A tiny being loved eternally already by the one who carried me. 

It beat faster as I met my mother's eyes when I was born into the colorful country of Mexico. My heart grew bigger as I met my dad, my older brother and sister, who's hearts were even more filled with love for me. 

I wonder if a heart is like a piggy bank, as love enters does it beat faster, like a bank being filled would be worth more. Does it grow inch by inch as more love is deposited? 

I always truly believed that I loved mom more. As time passed and we would battle the love game telling each other who loved who more, I assumed I'd won each time. 

And so I began to understand a mother's love when I carried my baby girls for nine months, as they grew and moved, as I checked in through ultrasounds and heartbeat sounds. 
My heart expanded to the point where I was sure it would explode as I became a mom to two sweet little ladies six years apart. 


I learned how to be a mom with my first baby girl, we were as one from the start. From play, to dance, to learning, to falling and getting up again, to rocking and reading, to kisses and hugs, to forever afters.

And as she grew and began to ask for a sister, well daddy and I began the process of making wishes come true. After all, we do everything for our little ones. We were ready! We waited and prayed, hoped and wished. 

One sweet day after many tests, fetal echocardiograms and a diagnosis of atrioventricular septal defect and Down syndrome, all of our wishes came true.
My heart was full. Truly, deeply, fulfilled with a love only a parent could understand. 


My oldest baby girl and I began this great love battle years ago, as she began to speak and express her feelings. I love how my daughter thinks she loves me more and though I know she wholeheartedly believes it, baby girl, mama will always love you more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment