Friday, May 6, 2016

A few forms of transportation

I didn't know much about Down syndrome at all, when we were given the diagnoses for Jordan Grace I didn't run to google to see what it was all about. I didn't want to read anything about it, I didn't reach out to the Down syndrome society...that was just what I chose to do, neither right nor wrong, I just chose not to know.

My main thing was to get to know my Jordan Grace, I wanted to see what she could do, not what the "average person with Down syndrome" could do. 

Just like every other child, she does things in her own time, we are right there cheering her on whenever she decides to do her thing! 

She has been pulling one of the chairs from the dining table and pushes it around the house for more walking freedom for a while now.

She then moved on to Ana Maria's little desk chair. 

Today she just wanted to show off all the different forms of transportation she could use. It was super cute and of course I was right there with the camera and open arms to protect her in case she went too fast. 






My point is...we all do things in our own time and IT'S OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment