Wednesday, May 4, 2016

McHappy Day

Today was a special day around here...


Ever since I can remember, my mom always volunteered, any chance she got she would do things for others.  Not to be noticed, not to be praised, it's just in her blood, she lead by example and always helping others in need. 

And so we grew up volunteering, whether singing at nursing homes, feeding the poor, or 10 years of volunteering at the Ronald McDonald House (RMH).


RMH opened my eyes to compassion, we met so many beautiful families and best of all amazingly precious children who lived a lifetime in the months we knew them. 

I never once imagined we would be in the position of those worried parents as their children went through serious surgeries, honestly, never in my wildest nightmares would I ever think we would walk in their shoes.

While volunteering at the RMH in Tucson, I loved reading to the kids, playing board games, having fun parties, not thinking about their mature struggles as they laughed and enjoyed their time at the house. It was peaceful and full of love!

So today, we bought lots of Happy Meals for the most amazing House that love ever built.

No comments:

Post a Comment