Thursday, May 5, 2016

No Filter

It's amazing how my daughter sees me and how I see myself!

This morning as I was walking her to school, my Ana Maria said "you look pretty mommy."

I smiled as I thought of all my grey hair, my crows feet, a pimple and sun spots, and can't forget those huge bags under my eyes, they seem to have popped up out of nowhere.

In fact I'm not sure I looked in the mirror today as I left the house.

It's funny how most of the time I feel or act like I'm eighteen, but the fact is my thirty nine years in this world are showing brightly in my being. 



Worries, motherhood and terrifying times like handing my baby over to the surgeons for open heart surgery are just a few million greys worth.

I took a selfie as I was walking back home through the field and this is what I look like...indeed wrinkles, spots and greys.



Yet my sweet daughter thinks her mom is pretty and really that's the opinion I truly value.

No comments:

Post a Comment