Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Birth Day.


This beautiful day came 2 1/2 weeks early. The doctor sent me to the hospital for a check up and the nurse said I was having a baby! 

What? Although impatiently waiting to meet our sweet Jordan Grace, her bassinet and the changing table weren't ready. The diaper genie still needed a bag for all those smelly diapers. And most importantly, Ana Maria had no idea I was in the hospital having her baby sister! 

What's a mama to do? Call and give her the good news in class, of course! Her sweet voice answered the phone. I explained that Jordan Grace was coming, I could tell she was smiling by the way she was speaking. I could also tell, today was the big day, her long awaited wish would finally come true.

With a couple of hours to spare, we had our priest come in for an extra prayer. We called our dependable friend Stephen who would run to our home and get something super important, the car seat, can't leave the hospital without baby safely in there. And a bag I put together that morning for the big sister to be. It was filled with an album, a disposable camera, fun activities, and candy, always candy.

Our dear friend brought my first born and they made it in time to say a quick hi, go down stairs to the chapel for prayers and then came right back to meet her baby sister! 

My labor and delivery were miraculous, literally, a beautiful miracle stared right into my eyes as soon as she was placed on my chest. It was love at first heartbeat of course, but love at first sight as well! 

Nothing went as planned, it never does. However, the day was pretty close to perfect. I was sad my family couldn't physically be there, they had plane tickets booked for her due date. Although I felt them there with me through every step of the way. 



I remember every single precious moment from the day she came into our world. Our lives were changed for the better on that glorious February day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment