Wednesday, October 21, 2015

My shadow, my first born, my sweet girl!



If there's anyone more mature than any adult, it would be my bright Ana Maria. She always knew what to say to me, even at five years old.

There was darkness when she wasn't around, I would be alone with my thoughts all day. 

But when she was with me, she filled my darkness with bright shiny lights. She was my sunshine during snowy, cold winter days. She filled me with love, laughter and warmth no matter what.

I could be terrified of the future one moment and with one look at her, when she ran to me and hugged me after school, I knew tomorrow would be OK, just as it was today. 

How could I not think that? She is my biggest fan! She wants to be just like me and can't wait to grow up, she tells me all the time. Yet I want her to stay this way in every stage she is. And when she tells me she loves me more and as we argue who loves who more, though I know she won't understand until she's a mom one sweet day, I believe her!!! She truly thinks she loves me more, but the reality is, I win, she could never love me more than I love her! 

I wrote her this letter moments before I drove to the hospital for a checkup, somehow I knew it was time

p.s. pardon the misspellings in my writing, I was writing this through tears in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment