Saturday, October 8, 2016

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend


It usually never feels like Thanksgiving this time of the year...growing up in the US, I'm always used to our November Thanksgiving which we still celebrate here. 

Our Thanksiving (back in the day) began with my mom up super early putting the "bird" in the oven, Mass in the morning, that crisp wind announced fall, light sweaters or jackets. Coming home to those wonderful smells that would fill the house with "Thanksgiving," the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. Traditions have always been our thing, so watching "Home Alone" with chocolate covered cherries became just that one year, it was the official beginning of our Chrirmas season.

Yesterday marked the beginning of Thanksgiving Day weekend here in Canada. It began with a beautiful celebration at Ana Maria's school where she got to read a special prayer. 

And it continued with that feeling of vacation time, there was no where to go after school, except home! I love those days, I'm a homebody, always was, always will be. I'd rather be home any day, then out and about somewhere. I crave family time and love every second of it! 

Then the snow hit...not gonna lie, I'm not a fan. I used to be when I would see it on the mountains, or once in a blue moon. It's an automatic downer for me. But since having kids, I try hard to get into it for their sake and picture opportunities.

So, it snowed, snowed and snowed and has yet to stop. Today as my Gregory fixed Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings and a lemon merengue pie on the side, the girls and I went outside and played hard. My phone died during the snowball fight, but it was a moment to remember so I took video with my heart. 


The girls love the snow, in fact any old fashion play, they are all about being outside and enjoying life, to the fullest. So today I joined in. Maybe this will be our new Canadian Thanksgiving tradition! I guess that's up to Mother Nature! 


Here's to a blessed night and a beautiful Thanksgiving  weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment