Tuesday, October 4, 2016

When our eyes first met.

Seconds after you were born, the doctor placed you on my chest and our eyes met for the first time. 

I cannot describe the happiness I felt in that moment. All my fears were washed away by those sweet little almond shaped eyes staring back at me. 

You didn't cry, you looked at me with trust. You looked up to me as to show you the way, but baby girl you are the one guiding me through. 

You are my bright light shining the unknown path that we walk along together. The path I would love to make smooth for you in hopes of a great life. 

A path I pray will be filled with loved ones who will encourage you, respect you, include you and most of all love you for who you are. 

I can't thank God enough for trusting us to be your family. 

You bring us so much joy and laughter. We love how you know you will get a reaction out of us by putting on daddy's hat backwards and waiting for us to see you. You always know when we need a hug. You are so independent and ready to meet someone new. You're always ready for new adventures and excited to try new things. 

We just love your zest for life, you live each moment with purpose and to the fullest. You play hard and rest peacefully. You love with all your might. You wave like you're Miss America. You blow kisses at strangers and hope you touch someone's heart. 

There's so many more things I could go on saying about you, who you are and everything we love about you! 

Thank you for trusting me as your mama, I will continue to advocate for you, for everything every human deserves. 

You are our piece of heaven and we are so proud of you little one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment