Saturday, October 15, 2016

What I know now!

Singing copies of "A Princess Wish"

We've been on such a beautiful journey...I love all the people we have met through this beautiful community of Down Syndrome. I love that I have "friends" all around the world I may never meet. Yet, I know that these mamas understand exactly what life with a precious one with DS is all about. 

It's about normalcy...it's just as fun and just as interesting as life was like with my older daughter at this age. It's about exploring and learning. It's about hind sight is 20/20. I kick myself sometimes thinking about the day I found out about Jordan Grace's diagnosis.

I wish I could tell myself back then that DS was just a diagnosis and not a definition. I wish I knew that I would become a spokesperson for our baby girl. 

I wish I would have known life would be ok. Life would even be great! 



No comments:

Post a Comment